- Prepares lesson plans based on approved Georgia Pre-k Curriculum and instructs children in age-appropriate activities according to a curriculum that is consistent with the philosophy and goals of the Center and Company.
- Responsible for a classroom of 22 children with the assistance of a Para-Pro Assistant Teacher.
- Sets up and maintains the classroom to ensure a safe, fun, and age-appropriate learning environment.
- Takes appropriate steps to clean and sanitize classrooms, materials, and restrooms.
- Ensures the classroom is clean and ready for tours at all times. Makes the classroom available for tours for prospective families.
- Treats the children with dignity and respect, displaying friendly, enthusiastic, and caring behavior, while guiding them in a positive manner and teaching them to respect themselves and others.
- Recognizes and considers the background, special talents, and interests, style, and pace of learning of each child and provides developmentally appropriate activities.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Reports any injuries or accidents to Management immediately and completes necessary forms.
- Supervises the children as required by the Center and state regulations.
- Participates with children in activities in the classroom and playgrounds appropriate.
- Plans and conducts parent conferences; provides daily written feedback to parents as appropriate.
- Partners with Center Director and/or Owner on any parent follow-up and communication.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information on children and their families.
- Reports suspected abuse or neglect as mandated by state regulations.
- Ability to implement Work Sampling On-line in the collection of child data used to complete child check lists and narrative summaries
- Provide 6.5 hours of instructional time with a minimum of 180 days of class time and 10 days of teacher work days per contract year.
- Conduct Parent-Teacher conferences twice a year (more often as needed or requested by parent) · Meet all deadlines as required by Bright From the Start and Project Director.
- Attend Annual Professional Development Training as Required by Management
- Attends all staff meetings, training sessions, meetings and programs as requested by the Director and/or Owner.
- Commitment to complete annual state licensing training requirements
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director and/or Owner.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding of all current applicable child care regulations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to problem-solve, manage conflict
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule consistent with hours of operation, and ability to adapt hours to the needs of the business
- Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Must meet state licensing requirements for education and experience.
- 21 years of age or older. Exception: Lead teachers who have a valid Bachelor degree or higher teaching credential do not have to meet the minimum 21 years of age requirement.
- Must be able to meet state background check requirements.
- Four Year Degree and T4 Certification
- Master's Degree and T5 Certification
- Teachers must have taught for at least 6 months of the school year (preferably in a Georgia Pre-k or Elementary environment).
- Experience with Creative Curriculum a plus
Teaching and working at Discovery Point is more than just a “daycare job.” This is your opportunity to make an impact in the lives of the children in your community with a rewarding career path in child care.
Our staff is the heart of each of our childcare centers. Their dedication and focus in caring for and educating the children in their care is such a vital part of what makes Discovery Point so special.
We’re expanding our team with positions available at several of our child care centers. Careers like these need qualified applicants who work well with children and have a passion for education — and for having fun!
OUR MISSION: To build a child care brand committed to providing each child with a nurturing, supportive environment for growth and learning.
You can search our centers' posted jobs below. If you don't see a job listing near you, click HERE.
If you’re ready to make an impact in the lives of children in your community, come join the Discovery Point team!
Disclaimer: Each Discovery Point franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the franchise location’s management. All inquiries about employment at this franchise location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Discovery Point Franchising.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)