- A rewarding job, making an impact in the lives of children
- Curriculum and lesson plans for each classroom are provided
- Develop the skills you need to advance your career
- Weekday hours keep your weekends free!
- Build strong relationships with coworkers and your community
- Prepares lesson plans and instructs children in age appropriate activities according to a curriculum that is consistent with the philosophy and goals of the Center and Company.
- Sets up and maintains the classroom to ensure a safe, fun and age appropriate learning environment.
- Ensures classroom is clean and ready for tours at all times. Makes the classroom available for tours for prospective families.
- Treats the children with dignity and respect, displaying friendly, enthusiastic and caring behavior, while guiding them in a positive manner and teaching them to respect themselves and others.
- Recognizes and considers the background, special talents and interests, style and pace of learning of each child and provides developmentally appropriate activities.
- Supervises the children as required by the Center and state regulations.
- Reports suspected abuse or neglect as mandated by state regulations.
- Commitment to complete annual state licensing training requirements
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director and/or Owner.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding of all current applicable child care regulations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve, manage conflict
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule consistent with hours of operation, and ability to adapt hours to the needs of the business
- Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Must meet state licensing requirements for education and experience.
- Knowledge of Early childhood education curriculum
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must meet minimum State requirements
- 2 years teaching experience
Teaching and working at Discovery Point is more than just a “daycare job.” This is your opportunity to make an impact in the lives of the children in your community with a rewarding career path in child care.
Our staff is the heart of each of our childcare centers. Their dedication and focus in caring for and educating the children in their care is such a vital part of what makes Discovery Point so special.
We’re expanding our team with positions available at several of our child care centers. Careers like these need qualified applicants who work well with children and have a passion for education — and for having fun!
OUR MISSION: To build a child care brand committed to providing each child with a nurturing, supportive environment for growth and learning.
You can search our centers' posted jobs below. If you don't see a job listing near you, click HERE.
If you’re ready to make an impact in the lives of children in your community, come join the Discovery Point team!
Disclaimer: Each Discovery Point franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the franchise location’s management. All inquiries about employment at this franchise location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Discovery Point Franchising.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)